Monday, November 4, 2013

Written in the Stars

I've never really been the superstitious type.
  Sure, I make a wish at 11:11 when I happen to notice it, but I don’t believe in ghosts or fortune tellers or that nonsense.  The only thing I really do the could be considered superstitious or ritual-y of any sort, would be how I religiously read my horoscope daily.  I find everyway it applies to my life, right down to me breaking a nail.

I think it has something to do with the stars. 
I’ve always loved a clear night, laying on the dock at the lake and just looking at the stars.  Or sitting at the playground I grew up on because there are no street lights to ruin the sky.  There’s just something about the stars that calms me. 

When visiting New Zealand about a year ago, there was a fire alarm at like, 3 in the morning, or something and I remember being so cold and wishing I was asleep and then I looked out over the bay in Paihia and just being thankful.  I stopped thinking about what was going wrong and started appreciating what was going right.  For heaven’s sake, I was in New Zealand. I was seeing the world, with my family, in a way that many people can only dream of. 


I once told a friend, Look at the stars. Ill let you in on a secret. Stars are always there. No matter where you are in the world, Atlanta, New Zealand, Israel. The stars are always there. No matter how you're feeling or who you're with, take a second and just look at the giant sky and remember everything will work out.”

Just remember, everything will work out.
xox
Char

p.s. You can't imagine my excitement when I got into my bed the first night of college and realized the person before me had left glow in the dark stars all over my half of the ceiling.  It's like it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment