Friday, November 22, 2013

TGIF

Wow. This week has been a long one.  Between two tests, multiple graphic design projects and bad news around every turn, I am amazed I lived to friday.

I just finished my final test of the week that I studied hours and hours for (and only took 15 minutes to finish) and intend to just sit and enjoy my starbucks until I have to go to my next class.

Luckily, I found the silver lining in this week.  I'll just be frank about it.  I have the most incredible people in my life.  I'm so mad it took me so long to realize, but I'm truly blessed.

Let's start with my best friend and how he drove three hours to be my semi-formal date. Like what? It's so funny how I never thought we would be friends or even get along.  Thanks Kbo! Even though I had just received bad news, Ryan wouldn't allow me to stop and think for even a second. From semi-formal, to downtown, to frat lot tailgating, to watching batman, he never let me stop laughing and dancing and being happy.


Then came Monday, and if you didn't already know, I'm very very accident prone.  Can't trip over enough bricks on the horseshoe or fall out of my bed in the mornings.  It's pretty ridiculous.  

At the University of South Carolina, there is a major rivalry with Clemson and every year, the two schools put that rivalry to good use.  There is a friendly competition to see which school can donate the most blood to the American Red Cross.  Naturally, I wanted to give blood (despite my fear of needles) and did just that. The line was a bit longer than I expected and right after the nurse took the needle out of my arm, I had to run off to french class.  Big mistake.  As I walked down the hall towards 213, I realized I couldn't hear anyone in the hall... even though there was at least 40 people in the hall.  Then my eyes started to blur and I felt hot.  Now, every girl dreams of fainting and being caught by a cute boy, but this was so not the case.  I dropped my bags next to my desk and laid on the ground.  The poor girls in my class were so worried. Yet another example of the amazing people in my life, eight girls that I've known for four months were so worried that they were considering calling an ambulance. 

Okay, I'll wrap it up.  But first I have to talk about the most important people, my best friends, new and old, who never fail to amaze me.

Tuesday morning, I got the call that I knew in my heart would not be a happy one.  My mother had been forced to put our beloved Cleo down.  November 2012, we were given one week with our puppy.  I cried every day at school and Caroline and Julia never let me forget that they were there for me.  And then a year later, even though the two are at UGA and I'm at USC, the minute they knew Cleo was gone, I was getting endless phone calls and texts from the two.  Between that and the best-friend-turned-ex-turned-best-friend-again dropping his plans to make sure I wasn't curled up in a ball on my floor all day, I realized I hit the jackpot.  Caroline and Erin brought me cookies (not stolen this time) and hugs, Kaela distracted me, Y@ checked in with me, Jenny and Taylor made it their job to hug me every time they saw me, heck, even my roommates friends were checking on me.  Martha even offered to drive home and check on my mom for me.  

|| RIP Cleo 11.19.13 ||


Although having to say goodbye to Cleo when I'm no where near home sucks, I'm so grateful that I was with people who cared as much as my friends did.  Going home tonight will be hard without sweet Cleo greeting me at the door, but I know she is still with me everywhere I go.

So hell week is over. I am going home for a week to celebrate Thanksgiving.  I get to see my best friends for the first time in a month.  Everything is going to turn around. 

xox
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment