Sunday, November 17, 2013

Working hard or hardly working?

      I've learned a lot in college, but I feel like the best lesson I've learned in my four months of college is how to procrastinate effectively.  I've figured out how little time I have to spend on my french homework, what time I need to leave for my 8:30 if I want to stop for Starbucks (thank god it's part of my meal plan..), and how long I need to sit in the Public Health Research Center until the next bus comes (yes, I am indeed that lazy).  I mean look at me, I should be writing a service learning paper, and instead I'm procrastinating by writing about procrastination.
     College is funny in the sense that you have all the time in the world, but you feel like you never have time for anything.  I never really have all that much homework, but I know I should be studying for some big test somewhere in the near future.  Yet I still find myself catching up on ten different prime time shows, as well as re-watching all eight seasons of desperate housewives on Netflix. Like, why Charlotte, why? I feel guilty just writing this post as Caroline slaves away at her biology and chemistry homework (biomedical engineering say what?).

*I later discovered she was actually online shopping...* 

     Only one good thing has come from my increased procrastination.  When I've watched about four or five episodes of Desperate Housewives, I feel like I should be active.  That's right. I, Charlotte Lindsay Price, have started running to fill my time... and justify my excessive internet television habits. Don't worry, I don't expect the motivation to last very long.

xox
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment