Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Juleigh Jeanette!

So yesterday was this little angels birthday

Juleigh is only four years old, but she's so much more than a four year old to those of us who spend time with her.

a year ago on her third birthday || insta ||

It's truly incredibly how much children can affect adults.  I've always loved working with children, playing, teaching, babysitting, all of it, but never in my life did a child have this affect on me.  
I was 14 when my neighbor and second mother, Joni, told me she was pregnant. I thought she was playing a mean joke on me, in all honesty.  Joni already had a 17 year old, 14 year old, and a 7 year old, so I really didn't think it could be possible that she was pregnant again.  But what a blessing in disguise Juleigh Jeanette turned out to be. 

|| What Juleigh has taught me in four years ||

1. Cherish innocence.  So often we spend too much time wanting to grow up, but then you realize you're an adult and have responsibility.
2. Learn to say no.  Saying no to a cute kid is quite possibly the hardest thing you could do, but it teaches you how to say no in life.
3. Take pictures. Every moment, the good, the bad, and the ugly, all should be remembered.

xox
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment