Thursday, August 22, 2013

Embrace your downfalls

So today was my first day of college classes! (ahhhhhhh) It's still so unreal to me, I feel like I'm at summer camp.  I barely have time to think, much less miss home at this rate. 
Anyways...
College is all about finding yourself and all that stuff they tell you but it's also about opening yourself up to new things.  There are so many people from all over the country, the world here at USC and I'm loving meeting all of them! I was so excited to get out of the bubble I lived in back home, so I say hi to every person I see.  I tend to be kind of talkative and very eager when it comes to school.  Today I met the first person I was not a fan of here at University.  Playing the name game comes with every first day of school, from kindergarden to grad school, but no matter how many times I'm told someone's name, I'll probably ask ten more times.  I thought I'd write down names today to try to commit them to memory in my visual arts computing class, and the girl next to me just looked at me and told me I looked like a freshmen.  Well, guess what, I AM A FRESHMEN.  
and I'm a-okay with being a freshmen. 
I may be eager and over talkative, but I'm embracing it. 
No upperclassmen can get me down. 

Okay, my rant is over.
Courtney and I embracing our 8:30 class

Just remember to be yourself, and love who you are, because there is no one else out there that can be a better you.

xox
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment